Monday, June 1, 2015

Pop-Art themed Moving On Ceremony

As the 8th grade art teacher, it is my job (with a lot of amazing helpers) to create the surprise the 8th graders with the decorations for their "Moving On Ceremony."

At the beginning of the year I designed their class logo for them in pop-art Lichtenstein style, since that was what we were learning about in art at the time. I also designed t-shirts to go with the logo that has become their official theme:

 

So for the ceremony, I continued with the pop-art theme, combining Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol style art. I used colored bulletin paper, polka-dot wrapping paper, and a lot of tape and glue to make it come to life...





Of course there had to be a studio wall, showcasing 8th graders very own Lichtenstein style portraits:



Warhol inspired wall decor:

















Ceremony pics:








No comments:

Post a Comment